UNCF National Day of Giving
Today, on our National Day of Giving, in honor of our 75th anniversary, we launch our “75 for 75” campaign.
Your gift to 75 for 75 will be used to fund an additional 75 students with $5,000 scholarships so they can enter or return to college in the fall.
Please give generously to help 75 deserving students, because “A mind is a terrible thing to waste.”®
Our volunteers will be the first to tell you that they receive deep personal benefits. They volunteer to give back or pay it forward; to feel proud or fulfilled; to meet new people or work as part of a team; or because they have a particular skill to share or to learn.
Regardless of their personal reasons, here are just some of the valuable ways UNCF volunteers make an impact when they come forward and ask, “How can I help?”
- By making our events successful. From fundraising walks to galas to our famous masked balls conducted in several major cities across the U.S., our volunteers are what make events memorable and successful.
- By helping with fundraising efforts. In churches, sororities, fraternities and hundreds of other organizations, volunteers help raise the money that enables UNCF to support more than 60,000 students each year.
- By chairing or supporting workplace giving campaigns. Stepping up to chair your company’s workplace giving campaign or by making a workplace contribution, you help UNCF achieve its mission of getting more students to and through college.
- By helping in one of our local offices. Taking time out of your week to augment the efforts of our paid staff enables us to extend our reach in order to conduct more events, raise more money and make an even bigger difference.
- By joining UNCF Leadership Councils. Volunteers provide significant support, guidance and awareness about their local communities by keeping UNCF informed about local networking and fundraising opportunities.