The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program — Now Open!
The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program, supported by a $1.5 million commitment from The Walt Disney Company, provides scholarships to high-achieving African American students in underserved communities across the country, and offers career readiness tools and resources necessary to help them realize their professional goals in the entertainment industry.
The goals of The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program are to help create a diverse pipeline of college educated professionals poised to assume fulfilling off-camera careers in entertainment, and to help increase the number of underrepresented minorities employed in the entertainment industry. Applications submitted for this program will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Students are encouraged to apply early.
- Underrepresented African American juniors, enrolled full-time at a four-year college or university
- Preference will be given to students attending a Historically Black College or University (HBCU)
- Students must have a demonstrated financial need as verified by their college or university
- Students must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Students must have an interest in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry (e.g. film, television, hospitality management, journalism, media production, digital media, etc.) as demonstrated by submission of an initial essay.
- Scholarship Assistance
- Disney Virtual Classroom
- Career Planning
How to apply
Go to UNCF.org/DisneyScholars for more details and to apply.