Job Opening: Integration Support Specialist/Systems Administrator – Washington, DC
Job Title: Integration Support Specialist/Systems Administrator
Location: Washington, DC
The Integration Support Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in the
functionality and interoperability of internal systems, as vendor upgrades are made to existing cloud
services. The position liaises with IT vendors to ensure cloud services align to roadmaps and understands the effect on the organization’s information structure; works closely with cloud vendors to maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with vendors to resolve any issues encountered during the development, testing and deployment phases of development projects; finalize specifications related to integration between numerous systems.
- Coordinates testing efforts to identify and resolve system integration issues.
- Researches and recommends upgrades or enhancements for the IT/system infrastructure, as needed.
- Maintains awareness of technology evolution and proactively recommends further investigation
- Researches hardware and software issues and prepares system design specifications to meet requirements.
- Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Establishes policies and procedures regarding access methods and time, security validation
checks, and documentation.
- Comfortable working in a small team setting.
- Manages or co-manages the acquisition, installation, maintenance, and usage of systems that
comprise the IT/system Infrastructure.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing
- Assists in the recommendation of technology-related purchases in keeping with organizational
goals and objectives.
- Acts as Level 3 Help Desk support.
- Interacts with users. Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Develops and maintains system documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and/or 6-12 years of progressive experience in system
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Significant experience Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with Office365
- Experience configuring and maintaining VMware and virtualized environments
- Experience in configuring, maintaining, and optimizing Virtual Desktop environments (VMware Horizon View).
- Experience with security tools\System Administration skills in Windows Server 2008 & 2012
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Experience with scripting languages such as Windows Powershell and/or group policy
- Knowledge of VOIP phone systems and related technology
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with configuration management software
- Security + Certification
- Experience with SharePoint development, maintenance, and support
- Experience with Cisco Umbrella
- Cisco routers, switches, and WiFi technology
- Experience with cybersecurity tools
- Knowledgeable in license management and maintenance
- Knowledge of shell scripting for troubleshooting and automation of routine tasks
- Basic System Administration skills in Linux