Job Opening: Sr. Program Manager, Leadership Development Programs – Atlanta
Job Title: Sr. Program Manager, Leadership Development Programs
The Sr. Program Manager, Leadership Development Programs (Manager) will play a vital role in the work of UNCF’s Institute for Capacity. In this role, the Manager will be responsible for assisting in the development and the implementation of the Institute for Capacity Building’s (ICB) efforts to establish, support, and engage various learning communities across the UNCF network of institutions. The Manager will play a critical role in the developing of interactive curriculum and programs that aim to develop both current and emerging leaders within the higher education sector with a particular focus on historically Black colleges and universities (HCBUs). The Manager will assist in building this exciting new service for our member institutions and the HBCU and PBI sector at-large. We are seeking a strong leader to join our team that values collaboration and creativity. The Manager has experience with developing professional communities leveraging multiple approaches (e.g., virtual, cohort-based, networked, etc.).
The successful candidate will join a team seeking to partner with HBCUs and PBIs to ensure their sustainability by increase the institution’s effectiveness, competitiveness, and viability. This positions will require an individual that is both collaborative and entrepreneurial. The individual selected for this position must possess a deep understanding of higher education, curriculum design, and professional development programming and Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Manager reports to the Director, Institute for Capacity Building. S/he will support the development and execution of ICB’s Fellowships and Leadership Institutes (FLI). As a primary driver in UNCFs (FLI), the Manager will be responsible for ensuring ICB develops relevant and interactive programs that aim to train and develop both current and emerging leaders across the HBCU and Higher education sector at-large.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the design and manage the implementation of a comprehensive strategy that attracts participants and facilities engagement across institutions within the HBCU sector
- Design interactive curriculum that addresses the integrated foci of the Institute for Capacity Building
- Identify influencers across multiple focus areas
- Develop and promote engagement across and within ICB learning communities
- In collaboration with UNCF and ICB leadership, define the critical lea.
- Partner with ICB Leadership to create a learner experience assessment tool to facilitate continuous improvement in the curriculum across the focus areas of ICB
- Work collaboratively with the Frederick D. Patterson Research Institute’s Learning and Evaluation team to develop assessment tools that will help to refine and enhance the ICB Leadership curriculum and programs
Bachelor’s degree is required; Graduate degree with an emphasis curriculum design and/or leadership development
Candidates should have:
- An outstanding record of academic and professional achievement and leadership
- Significant experiencing in the designing and implementing of professional development programming
- Experience in using digital mediums and platforms to facilitate learning across multiple media
- Significant experience in planning and executing learning events across
- Demonstrated experience of leadership development
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, across lines of difference
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Graduate degree with an emphasis curriculum design and/or leadership development
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in curriculum design/development, and higher education
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to move deftly between big picture and details
- Comfort with concurrently managing multiple ongoing projects in different phases
- Thrives with detail and deadlines
- Commitment to the value of higher education.
- Individual must be a self-starter, who is able to problem solve and take on a wide range of tasks to deliver results; collegial and professional manner; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.