Job Opening: Relationship Manager, Program Services – Washington, DC
Job Title: Relationship Manager, Program Services
Location: Washington, DC
The Relationship Manager is responsible for the administration of designated scholarship and endowed programs that are within the Scholarships and Programs Division, including interacting with donors, students, and institutional and interdepartmental staff to maintain and grow programs within the Manager’s portfolio. The Relationship Manager is also responsible for relationship building and maintenance with the desired result of program renewal, increases in funding opportunities and customer/donor engagement. Program administration may be based on the geographical location, gender, need, merit, and/or degree type for which the scholarship is awarded (i.e. Communications, Music, Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM), Social Sciences, etc.).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage day-to-day sponsored undergraduate and graduate scholarship programs including the planning, coordination, awarding and administrating/processing related to the awarding of scholarship funds.
- Write reports to donors and work with a given program’s Development Officer on the funding of new and continuing scholarship and institutional initiatives.
- Work with Area Development staff and donors to implement and successfully carry out effective programs.
- Coordinate the administration of programs with the appropriate fundraising department.
- Monitor the financial activity of assigned scholarship programs.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with UNCF’s 37-member institutions’ college and university and non-UNCF institutions’ Enrollment Management Administrators to ensure accuracy with student verifications.
- Collaborate with Area and National Development staff on the preparation and timely submission of detailed annual program report of scholarships awarded to students and work with UNCF Accounting to secure the annual financial report for submission to the Grantor.
- Monitor and track the distribution of renewable scholarship program funds to ensure proper allocation so that appropriate amounts are distributed each year.
- Work with Grantors and coordinate selection committee meeting.
- Respond to client inquiries within a 24-hour period and maintain appropriate records in UNCF’s Salesforce CRM on each contact.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university.
- At least 3 years of experience in program administration and/or management.
- Familiarity with curriculum in higher education.
- Familiarity with the administrative and student campus culture at HBCUs-Historical Black Colleges/Universities.
- Understanding of the college admissions and financial aid process preferred.
- SalesForce software experience desired.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgement.
- Strong organizational and written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.