Job Opening: Regional Administrative Assistant- New Orleans, LA
Job Title: Regional Administrative Assistant
Location: New Orleans
The position assists the Vice President of Southern Field Operations and lends light support to other offices within the region as needed. The Regional Administrative Assistant must display initiative, good judgment, ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and have an understanding of and sensitivity to UNCF programs and procedures. This position will have both administrative and clerical duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as liaison with area offices, Regional Vice Presidents, Regional Administrative Assistants, Headquarters staff, President’s Office and Executive Vice President of Development’s office.
- Manage human resource functions including but not limited to reviewing all vacation requests; ensuring that staff vacation calendar is up-to-date; and following-up on the interview process.
- Coordinate and prepare material, agendas and travel for regional meetings.
- Prepare monthly expense reports; receive, log and maintain monthly and weekly reports from regional offices (i.e. major donors and prospect reports; call reports, itineraries); and review, process and log invoices for payment from area offices and regional office.
- Assist with planning major special events as necessary.
- Open and distribute mail; order office supplies; answer phones including setting up conference calls; type, edit, proofread, and format all correspondence for accuracy.
- Manage calendar and travel; and serve as back-up for region administrative assistants as needed.
- Organize and maintain file system, and file correspondence and other records.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college desired and a minimum of 5 years administrative assistant/secretarial experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Excellent phone etiquette and professional demeanor; strong organizational, interpersonal and listening skills; proficient use in Microsoft Word and Internet; and ability to type 50 words per minute. Knowledge of donor and special events database experience desired.