“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in New Jersey and around the country?
UNCF Newark is here to help you send a student to college and turn his or her life around.
UNCF still needs your assistance, as we can only help 1 out of 10 students who apply for scholarships, due to insufficient available funding. Text UNCFNEW to 50555 to give $25, or click here to donate today and build better futures for African American students!
Want to volunteer for a formal event or a noontime luncheon with community leaders? If you've got the time and are interested in getting behind UNCF, we'd be very happy to hear from you. Is a child you know looking for the right college? Can you contribute to keeping student aid available and academic programs strong at UNCF-member colleges or universities? UNCF Newark will make the connection. Contact us today to learn how you can help.
Did You Know?
It’s worth noting that…
- 9 out of every 10 applications are denied due to lack of financial resources.
- A $5,000 scholarship dramatically increases UNCF recipients’ rate of retention and likelihood of graduation.
We're ready to go! UNCF Newark is sponsoring its annual walk Sept. 22. Visit UNCF.org/NewJerseyWalk and register today!
Lillie Williams: “I give to UNCF because they have the opportunity to help adjust the negative factors that impact a young person...". Lillie Williams is a loyal UNCF supporter. She talks about the importance of supporting the organization and helping HBCU students in the latest issue of "Dividends", the UNCF newsletter for the New Jersey area. Read the latest newsletter here.
UNCF Newark 2017-18 Leadership Council
- Vaughn L. McKoy, Co-chair, 2010-current; Managing Director and Vice President; PSEG Long Island
- Joyce Dudley, Co-chair, 2010-current; President and Principal; Dudley Hamilton Associates
- Eugene Anderson, 2015-current; Sr. Dir. Industry Relations and External Affairs; SUEZ
- Jeffrey Bowen, 2016; Sales Team Lead; Ocean Spray Cranberries
- Rev. Kenneth Clayton, 2013-current; Pastor; St. Luke Baptist Church
- Lissa Jean Ferrell, Esq., 2014-current; LJF Consulting, LLC
- Peter Harvey, Esq., 2010-current; Partner; Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler
- Tyretta Meadows 2015; Senior Manager; Lean Center of Excellence; TD Ameritrade
- Dr. Gemar Mills, 2016; Chief Education Officer, National; The Future Project
- Adrien Moncur, Esq. ,2013-current; State of New Jersey; Office of the Public Defender
- Greg Parris, 2015-current; Senior Vice President Finance; Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- William S. Parrish, 2013-current; President; Noble Strategy
- Edward A. Rademaker, JD,; 2015-current; Manager Global Contracts and Grants; Global Pharmaceutical Res & Dev. LLC (GPS), Janssen Research & Dev. LLC
- Dr. Niathan Allen; 2017
- Tammeisha Smith, 2012-Current; President and CEO; Dunbar Center Inc.
- L. Miyoshi West, 2015; Director, Global Payments Product Manager; Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Dwayne Redmond, 2013-Current; Global Wealth and Investment Management, Head of Field Marketing; Bank of America