UNCF Los Angeles
“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in southern California, southern Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii and around the country?
UNCF Los Angeles is here to help you send a student to college and turn their life around.
Thank you for your generosity on Giving Tuesday!
Your donations raised needed funds to support UNCF’s mission to help students get to and through college. UNCF still needs your assistance, as we can only help 1 out of 10 students who apply for scholarships, due to insufficient available funding.
Text UNCFLA to 50555 to give $25, or click here to donate today and build better futures for African American students!
Want to volunteer for a formal event or a noontime luncheon with community leaders? Is a child you know looking for the right college? Can you contribute to keeping student aid available and academic programs strong at UNCF-member colleges or universities?
Is a student in your life looking for scholarships? Search over 10,000 scholarships at uncf.org/scholarships.
Are you interested in sending students to college by creating an area scholarship of your own? Contact Jennifer Childress at 213.369.3800.
See how your contributions help students in your area
- $25 helps a student pay for the expenses that add up quickly, such as tech and other school supplies
- $75 can help to cover those extra fees, like student life, lab fees and other matriculation fees
- $1,000 can help a student purchase books for a year
- $2,500 can help cover room and board for a semester
- $5,000 can help a student pay for a semester’s full tuition
United Negro College Fund Helps USC Student Achieve Higher-Education Dreams
Daniel Million has been able to pursue his dream of studying neuroscience at USC thanks to a timely scholarship offer from the United Negro College Fund. Danielle Gersh with CBS Los Angeles reports.
News and Events
2017 Walk for Education a Success! >>Read More
Scenes from the walk
Mayor Eric Garcetti welcomed close to 325 guests to the sixth annual ball. Throughout the evening, celebrity guest host Dawnn Lewis kept the room full of excitement. A total of over $500k, including $80k collected during the event, will be used to help our student dividends such as Eric Mason, Fund II Foundation/UNCF Stem Scholar; and Channel McLewis, Gates Millennium Scholar. Mason and McLewis both gave dynamic student testimonials about the impact of UNCF. This year, UNCF LA honored Lonnie G. Bunch III, founding director, Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture; and Marx Cazenave, entrepreneur and Business Hall of Fame inductee. >>Read More
UNCF Los Angeles Leadership Council
George Gibbs, UPS
Arnold Hackett, Xerox
- Cindy Allen, ETA Advertising
- A. Ronald Berryman, Berryman & Company
- Rhonda Bolton, Kia Motors America, Inc.
- Sylvia Castillo, MUFG Union Bank
- James Colon,Toyota Motor Sales, USA (retired)
- Faye W. McClure, Consultant
- Debbie Pattillo, DP Consultant
- Phil Perry, Comcast NBC Universal
- Al Ward, Radio Free 102.3 FM KJLH
- Luther Williams, Los Angeles UNCF Inter-Alumni Council