“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in Michigan and around the country?
UNCF Detroit is here to help you send a student to college and turn his or her life around.
Text UNCFDET to 50555 to give $25, or click here to donate today and build better futures for African American students!
Want to volunteer for a formal event or a noontime luncheon with community leaders? Is a child you know looking for the right college? Can you contribute to keeping student aid available and academic programs strong at UNCF-member colleges or universities?
UNCF Detroit will make the connection. Contact us today at email@example.com to learn how you can help.
UNCF Detroit Leadership Council
- Kenny Akinwale; CEO/Owner; Q Group LLC
- Nadine Cook; Community Relations and Events: Ascension | Crittenton Hospital and St. John Providence
- Linda Forte; Comerica Bank (retired)
- Barbara Hughes Smith; Guidance Counselor Department Head; Detroit Public Schools
- Mable Jones; AAA of Michigan (retired)
- Curtis H. B. Kilpatrick; President, Detroit Inter-Alumni Council/DIAC
- Gwen Moore; Ford Motor Company (retired)
- Cathy Nedd; Chief Operating Officer; Michigan Chronicle
- Juliette Okotie-Eboh; Senior Vice President; MGM Grand Detroit
- Vivian R. Pickard; General Motors Company (retired)
- John Reeves; Chief Executive Officer; Triad Global Solutions (posthumously)
- Shawn Torrence; Vice President, Business Development; The Mardon Group
News and Events
Detroit Walk One of the Most Successful UNCF Walks
The Detroit UNCF Walk/Run For Education celebrated its 29th year and attracted close to 450 walkers, who were treated to a day full of activities that included an HBCU College Fair, car raffle, youth group step show, vehicle displays from both General Motors and Ford Mother Company, face painting, mini massages, health screenings, team trophy presentations and more. The event raised more than $700,000. One highlight of the event was a concert with the Whispers,compliments of Chene Park and GM, which raised $11,000.