UNCF Los Angeles
“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in southern California, southern Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii and around the country?
UNCF Los Angeles is here to help you send a student to college and turn their life around.
UNCF still needs your assistance, as we can only help 1 out of 10 students who apply for scholarships, due to insufficient available funding. Text UNCFLA to 50555 to give $25, or click here to donate today and build better futures for African American students!
Want to volunteer for a formal event or a noontime luncheon with community leaders? If you’ve got the time and are interested in getting behind UNCF, we’d be very happy to hear from you. Is a child you know looking for the right college? Can you contribute to keeping student aid available and academic programs strong at UNCF-member colleges or universities? UNCF Los Angeles will make the connection. Contact Brianna Holmes-Becknell for more information.
Is a student in your life looking for scholarships? Search over 10,000 scholarships at UNCF.org/scholarships.
Are you interested in sending students to college by creating an area scholarship of your own? Contact Jennifer Childress at 213.369.3800.
See how your contributions help students in your area
- $25 helps a student pay for the expenses that add up quickly, such as tech and other school supplies
- $75 can help to cover those extra fees, like student life, lab fees and other matriculation fees
- $1,000 can help a student purchase books for a year
- $2,500 can help cover room and board for a semester
- $5,000 can help a student pay for a semester’s full tuition
United Negro College Fund Helps USC Student Achieve Higher-Education Dreams
Daniel Million has been able to pursue his dream of studying neuroscience at USC thanks to a timely scholarship offer from the United Negro College Fund. Danielle Gersh with CBS Los Angeles reports.
UNCF Los Angeles Leadership Council
Arnold Hackett, Xerox (retired)
Rhonda Bolton, Consultant
- A. Ronald Berryman, Berryman & Company
- James Colon,Toyota Motor Sales, USA (retired)
- Charles Franklin, American Honda Motor Co.
- Faye W. McClure, Urban Advantage
- Debbie Pattillo, DP Consultant
- Rev. Welton Pleasant, California State Baptist Convention, Christ Second Baptist Church
- Luther Williams, Los Angeles UNCF Inter-Alumni Council
- Rashaun Williams, Manhattan Venture Partners