Lane College, located in Jackson, TN, is a small, private, co-educational, church-related institution that provides a liberal arts curriculum leading to baccalaureate degrees in the arts and sciences.
Lane College is a fully accredited, four-year, Christian institution that offers stimulating academic engagement amid an exceptional student experience. Lane College accepts students where they are and takes them to where they ought to be through a carefully designed and pedagogically sound nurturing system that encompasses academic rigor, social involvement, and spiritual enlightenment. The chief tenant of Lane’s philosophy is that a student’s past performance is no predictor of her or his future achievement…that all students can learn and thrive once the elements of doubt are supplanted by the assurance of possibilities. We are unmistakably Lane…where success reigns…through the fusion of aspiration, toil, learned lessons, persistence, and prayer.
Lane College Facts
- 1,376 students enrolled; 747 (54%) male and 629 (46%) female.
- Average ACT composite (15), average high school G.P.A (2.42).
- The average age of the student body is 21.
- Tennessee students comprise 807 (59%) of the total enrollment.
- Out-of-state students comprise 566 (41%) of the total enrollment.
- 505 students (or 37%) reside off campus.
- 871 students (or 63%) reside in campus housing.
- Lane College awards the associate and baccalaureate degrees in the arts and sciences in 16 majors.
- 53% of degrees conferred in 2015 were in the Business and Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Read more facts about Lane College
News and Events; Student Stories
Lane College Staff
The chief tenant of Lane’s philosophy is that a student’s past performance is no predictor of her or his future achievement…that all students can learn and thrive once the elements of doubt are supplanted by the assurance of possibilities.
Dr. Logan C. Hampton President, Lane College