2017 Walk/Run for Education - Cleveland
Come and join UNCF supporters, alumni and friends at the North Chagrin Reservation - Strawberry Picnic Area as supporters walk or run a 5K to help students get to and through college. Alumni Chapters, Corporate teams, fraternities, sororities, groups, churches, organizations and individuals who participate realize that "a mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in."® UNCF currently supports over 500 UNCF students and scholarship recipients from the Northeast Ohio area.
Help us to reach our fundraising goal of $10,000, and runner/walker goal of 300 participants.
UNCF events such as this have raised over $130,000 per year for students, and this year, the Cleveland office hopes to exceed previous totals. To register or more information, please visit the event registration site.
Awards: Awards will be provided to the top overall male and top overall female runners.
Take part in team and individual fundraising challenges. We'll have custom race t-shirt (for paid participants), a race warm-up activity, pre/post-race entertainment, refreshments, and posted race results online.
Several teams have accepted the challenge of raising money for the 3rd Annual UNCF 5K Walk/Run for Education. This cause is important because it will make education accessible to everyone by eliminating financial barriers for deserving students by providing much needed college scholarships.
With your support, we can do better. You can help to increase the number of scholarships given out by making a donation toward a team's walk goal.
Race Day Registration and Packet Pick-up
Welcome and Warm-Up
5K (3.1- mile) Run/Walk
Early Bird General Registration (closes on Friday, August 11, 2017):
- $25 - Adult
- $15 - Children
- Children 12 and under are FREE
General Registration - August 12 and On-Site Registration Fee
$30 – Adult
$15 - Children
Children 12 and under are FREE
We count on our volunteers to ensure a successful experience. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Registration: To welcome team captains and participants, help get them registered and distribute t-shirts.
- Water Stations: Hand out water to runners on the course.
- Course Monitors: Direct walkers/runners on the course, offer assistance and provide support to participants.
- Timers: Call out times at each mile mark on the course.
- Refreshment Distribution: Hand out food and drinks to participants after crossing the finish line.
- Setup/Cleanup: Provide general assistance with the setting up and/or cleanup of tables, vendor space, water stations, etc. Assist vendors with activities for children.
All registered volunteers will receive a free t-shirt, refreshments during the event and a participation certificate letter.