Tech Students: Apply to Attend HBCU Innovation Summit!
The HBCU Innovation Summit application is live! 100 HBCU computer science, engineer, and IT-focused students from HBCUs will be selected to take part in an exclusive four-day Silicon Valley experience: tech company tours, startup-tech entrepreneurship workshops, direct recruitment at a Technical Career Fair, career development panels and much more.
The event will take place October 25-29, 2017, in San Mateo, CA. The event is free for all HBCU students who are selected to attend. UNCF will cover travel, lodging and food costs for the trip. Last year, 50 students attended. This year, 100 students will be selected.
- To be considered, students must:
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident
- Attend an HBCU (historically black college or university)
- Be enrolled as a college freshman, sophomore, junior or senior
- Be majoring in one of these fields:
- Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Technology, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Information Systems or Information Technology