Scholarship of the Month - Gateway to Leadership Internship
This paid summer internshipis for African American college students who are interested and prepared to enter careers in the financial services industry.
The Gateway to Leadership (GTL) Internship Program is designed to provide paid summer internship opportunities to African American college students attending a four-year university or college, and who are interested and prepared to enter careers in the financial services industry.
The program offers a paid summer internship program in such cities as the Des Moines, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, and Hartford. Examples of internship host firms include: Brinker Capital, Legg Mason, Nationwide, Northwestern Mutual, Principal, Virtus, and Voya. The program also offers Money Management Institute Professional Development.
To qualify, students must:
- Demonstrate campus or civic leadership abilities and involvement in community service activities
- Provide a cover letter detailing interest in the financial services industry as a career and explaining what you hope to gain from the internship experience.
- Submit their current college transcript
- Submit their resume
- Submit a recommendation from a school administrator, faculty member, or dean familiar with the applicant's academic abilities.
- At least a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- College junior- Graduating Dec 2017, May 2018 or May 2019 if enrolled in dual undergraduate and MBA program- Transcripts should verify this information.
- Major in Business, Finance, Accounting, Banking, Economics, Management, Marketing, Computer Science or Actuary Science
- U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Attend a four-year accredited university/college
- Have demonstrated leadership experience within college campus and/or community
- Have demonstrated interest in the financial services industry
Application close date
3/17/2017 11:59 PM EST
Want tips on how to apply for internships? Click and view here!