Scholarship of the Month: Beverly J. Gilliam Scholarship for Foreign Study
The scholarship offers sophomores or juniors from UNCF-member institutions financial assistance to study abroad.
The Beverly J. Gilliam Scholarship for Foreign Study offers financial assistance—up to $6,500—to students who already are accepted into recognized summer study abroad programs. The scholarship’s goals are to help students obtain international experiences that will allow them to become better world citizens and successfully compete in the global job market.
- To qualify, students must meet these criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled at one of UNCF's member institutions as a sophomore or junior within the 2017-18 academic year
- The study-abroad program must take place during the summer 2018
- The study-abroad program must be approved by your home institution, and must allow the applicants to receive earned credit hours towards their undergraduate degree
- The candidates will be required to submit an application, resume, transcript, essay, study-abroad program details and academic recommendation
Application Close Date
April 6, 2018 12:00 AM EST
For more information, contact William Dunham.