BASF Scholarship Open to HBCU Students
The scholarship is open to students attending HBCUs.
Students at HBCUs are enouraged to apply for the BASF/Alfred Chisholm Memorial Scholarship. The Fund was established in 1997 to honor the life of a former BASF employee, Alfred L. Chisholm, who served as a leader in his community, and who was instrumental in raising thousands of dollars to assist students pursuing a college degree. Sponsored students and relatives of participants in the BASF African American Employees Resource Group (AAEG) are strongly urged to apply.
Additionally, students attending North Carolina A&T State University and Southern University and A&M College are encouraged to apply.
Selected applicants will receive up to $2,000 in a need-based scholarship award for the acaemic year of 2017/2018.
The scholarship is open to students majoring in one of these categories: Accounting, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management or Logistics
Interested students must submit:
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's academic abilities and another from a civic or community leader
- An essay of no more than 250 words
- Most recent official transcript
- If the student has relatives employed by BASF Corporation, their information must be provided in the fields inside the application form.
- If a student is sponsored by a BASF Corporation employee, please upload the completed form with your application.
Application Close Date
Applicants must complete the online application and upload the following application materials to the online application no later than December 1, 2017.