B-CU Students: Apply for BeyGOOD Foundation Homecoming Scholars Award
Applications are being accepted until May 31.
The BeyGOOD Foundation Homecoming Scholars Award is a merit-based scholarship open to all incoming, accepted and returning undergraduate and graduate students at Bethune-Cookman University pursuing a degree in several disciplines of study. [Bethune-Cookman University is a UNCF-member institution]
Beyoncé and her BeyGOOD Initiative announced the scholarship, open to eight HBCUs, after her HBCU homecoming-themed Coachella performance in April.
In order to be eligible for the $25,000 scholarship award, students must have a 3.5 GPA or above and present proof of work in their field of study such as essays, past assignments or portfolios. Incoming students must provide school assignments that demonstrate interest in their desired field. Writing samples need not be published works.
Each student must submit a 1,000-word essay about an African or African-American thought leader in their field who has inspired them to achieve their goals (educational, professional and/or community driven). The essay must also include how they plan to contribute to history through their own life’s work. In addition, applicants must include a one-page bio and a color head shot photograph.
Applications are accepted between May 1 – May 31, 2018.
A University committee will select the final five applicants of all qualified applicants by June 30, 2018 and notify the BeyGOOD Foundation of the final scholars. The BeyGOOD Foundation will announce winning scholars via press release and social posting at the end of July. Bethune-Cookman University will receive the $25,000 Homecoming Scholarship Award by August 1, 2018.
For more information, contact Warren Heusner, Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disciplines of Study
African American Studies
- Including but not limited to: African Studies, African-American Studies, Women’s Studies, Philanthropy, Social Responsibility
- Including but not limited to: Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Healthcare Management, Human Resources Management, Information Systems Management, International Business, Marketing, Public Administration
- Including but not limited to: Advertising, Global, Health, Intercultural, Interpersonal, Journalism, Marketing, Media and Digital Media, Public Relations
- Including but not limited to: Artificial Intelligence, Bio-computation, Computer Engineering, Graphics, Human-Computer Interaction, Information, Systems, Theory, or Unspecialized.
- Including but not limited to: Theater Arts, Film, Fashion Design, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Electronic Studio, Ceramics, Videography, Acting, Dancing, Video Production, Theatre Arts Administration, Theater Technology
- Including but not limited to: Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Secondary Education, Educational Leadership, Masters in Education, Social Work, Special Education, Music Education
- Including but not limited to all engineering subdisciplines and interdisciplinary subjects that are derived from concentrations, combinations, or extensions of the major engineering branches.
- Including but not limited to: Poetry, Creative Writing, English, African American Literature, Linguistics
- Including but not limited to: Composition, Music + Business, Music History, Music Education, Musical Theater, Music Therapy, Performance, Arranging, Conduction, Film Scoring, Songwriting
- Including but not limited to: Astronomy, Bio-Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Environment Science, Human Development & Family Sciences, Human Ecology, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science, Neuroscience, Nutritional Sciences, Physics, Public Health, Textiles & Apparel, Pre-Med
- Including but not limited to: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, International Relations/Affairs, Ethnic Studies, Philosophy, Pre-Law, Psychology, Sociology
*If your major is not listed here, you may still be eligible to apply.
Tagged as: Bethune-Cookman University