“A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but a wonderful thing to invest in.”® Why not invest your time or money in better futures for young people in southern Virginia and around the country?
UNCF Richmond is here to help you send a student to college and turn his or her life around. UNCF Richmond focuses on promoting the mission of the UNCF, its donors and friends—its constituent base.
UNCF still needs your assistance, as we can only help 1 out of 10 students who apply for scholarships, due to insufficient available funding. Text UNCFRICH to 50555 to give $25, or click here to donate today and build better futures for African American students!
Want to volunteer for a formal event or a noontime luncheon with community leaders? If you've got the time and are interested in getting behind UNCF, we'd be very happy to hear from you. Is a child you know looking for the right college? Can you contribute to keeping student aid available and academic programs strong at UNCF-member colleges or universities? UNCF Richmond will make the connection. Contact us today to learn how you can help.
News and Events
New Journal and Guide: Hampton Roads Rolls Out Red Carpet for Inaugural UNCF Gala
Four-hundred and fifty people turned out at the Main Hotel in downtown Norfolk, including hosts, Mayor Kenneth C. Alexander of Norfolk; Mayor McKinley Price, DDS of Newport News; Mayor John L. Rowe, Jr., of Portsmouth; and Mayor Donnie Tuck of Hampton; all who signed on to support the arrival to Virginia of the popular UNCF signature event. Virginia Beach Mayor Will Sessoms also was a host mayor for the event. >> Read More
UNCF Donor Roll
Thanks to our generous supporters:
- First Baptist Church Denbigh
- Good Shepherd Baptist Church
- Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- Duke Energy Business Services
- Government Employees Insurance Company
- The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Wachovia Corporation
- Wells Fargo
- Dominion Foundation
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. International Headquarters
- Saint Paul’s National Alumni, Inc.
- James H. Goodnight and Ann B. Goodnight
- Bank of America Corporation
- Central Virginia Area Combined Federal Campaign
- Chesapeake Bay Area Combined Federal Campaign
- Combined Federal Campaign of South Hampton Roads
- Combined Federal Campaign Overseas/Global Impact
- Dominion Foundation Employee Giving
- KIA Motors American
- Local Governments and Schools United Way Campaign
- Peninsula Combined Federal Campaign
- The Gillette Company
- United Way of Allegheny County
- United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg
UNCF Richmond Staff