The UNCF/Nissan Scholarship provides a scholarship opportunity for current college freshman enrolled at any Historically Black College or University (HBCU) commencing Fall 2013. The scholarship program provides a total award of $10,000 over 4 years ($2,500 /academic year) and an opportunity to participate in Nissan's Internship Program. To be eligible students must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be a college freshman at the time of application.
2. Applicants must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.00 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
3. Applicants must be enrolled at a Historically Black College or University (HBCU) in the Fall of 2013.
4. Applicants must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
5. Applicants must pursue a degree in engineering, business, marketing, information technology and/or finance
In addition, applicants must submit the following application materials by the application deadline, October 21,2013:
1.One letter of recommendation
2. One essay. For details, please go to the essay section of the application.
3. High school transcript. For details, please see instructions.
Students from TN, MS, MI, TX and the San Diego, CA metro area are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.