The Nevada Scholarship Program was established to financially support high school seniors who plan to enroll in 4 year colleges or universities in the fall of 2013. Applicants must be permanent residents of the state of Nevada in order to be considered for this program.
Candidates for this scholarship are expected to be involved in school and in their community. Ideal recipients have exhibited qualities of high character and integrity. Preference will be given to students attending an HBCU or an accredited 4 year college within the state of Nevada, although all students are encouraged to apply.
For award consideration, applicants must submit the following documentation by the application deadline. For details on how to submit, please go to the instruction section of the application.
1. Most recent school transcript (unofficial accepted).
2. Two letters of recommendation (one from a teacher and one from a community agency in which you are involved).
3. A biography of at least 400 words.
4. Applicants are required to complete the FAFSA and demonstrate an unmet financial need as verified by the financial aid office of your institution.
5. Proof of acceptance into an accredited college or university.
Selected students will receive up to $2,500 in a need based scholarship for Fall 2013.
ALL DOCUMENTS FOR THIS PROGRAM MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY.