The FedEx/UNCF Scholarship Program provides scholarship opportunities for high school seniors entering any Historically Black College or University commencing Fall 2013. The scholarship program is funded by the FedEx Corporation and provides up to $4,000 annually ($2,000 per semester) to eligible applicants who meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be a graduating high school senior at the time of application.
2. Applicants must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.00 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
3. Applicants must enroll at a four year Historically Black College or University.
4.. Applicants must be Pell Grant eligible and have a demonstrated financial need.
In addition, applicants must submit the following application materials by the application deadline, May 18, 2013:
1.Two letters of recommendation: a) One from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's academic abilities. b) One from a civic or community leader.
2. Two-page, double spaced, essay. For details, please go to the essay section of the application.
3. High school transcript. For details, please see instructions.
4. Letter of acceptance from an HBCU for Fall 2013. Proof of enrollment will be obtained upon final candidacy of the applicant and verified prior to any fund disbursement but no sooner than August 1, 2013.